Friday, December 25, 2009

Birth of the Tale

Tuesday Tales originally was inspired by the song Light up my Room by the Barenaked Ladies. Yes, I realize they don't quite match. Let me explain. Light up my Room leaves me with two thoughts. The first is an image of the burnt copper color of some light bulbs. That color is shared, in my mind, with the eternal twilight of life after all is ended. The second thought is of a rundown building. The song tells of when the wires in the walls which sing in tune with the din of the falls, from which the humming wires were born. The field of tires that's always on fire became the Burning Fields. I may have subconsciously converted the aforementioned falls into the things in the walls. I may not have.



Hydrofield runs through my neighborhood. Somehow that always just made me feel good. I can put a spare bulb in my hand and light up my yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment