Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Creation of the Apocalypse

The Apocalypse was conceived on the 25th day of July, 2008. I had often talked with my friends about how Pokémon could be improved. After I put it into words, I was content to leave it. Yet, the following Thursday the words 'Golden Apocalypse" leapt unbidden to my mind. It had nothing to do with Pokémon. I didn't think of connecting Pokémon to it until my post was written. Then, it was together for the first time. However, even at this point, the Golden Apocalypse and Pokémon were two very different things in my mind. They longed for each other, though, and somehow, over the course of a little more than a year, they joined together. Pokémon: The Golden Apocalypse existed. Only as a thought, though, and a thought I never truly intended to write. Time passed, and GLaDOS died. I was able to waste a week with an epilogue-link. At that point, I was lost. Mondays had always been my favorite day of the blog, for I thought the Lament to be my best work. I needed to fill the void, so I thought to provide options. I hadn't originally meant to leave a gap of any sort; I wanted Jacques to have a tale of his own when GLaDOS finished, but I just can't write like that. It's physically painful. The stupidity of Pistol alone still makes me nauseous. I would have written it anyway, at great cost to myself, if the Apocalypse wasn't voted on. The voting was even for over a week. Met versus Elphaba, Red versus Jacques. I don't think I asked him to, but Met saw my inability to work when the votes were equal, and talked about musical theater the next Monday. Then, Johann came along and broke the tie. By this time, a Monday was passed without update. Now, though, I decided to place the Apocalypse on Sunday, and leave Mondays to Lamentation. Red began his adventure the first possible Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment