Monday, January 11, 2010

Conclusion

The Lament of the Winged ended today. Its story was told, and it somehow was difficult to write. Despite its low popularity, I felt I accomplished something powerful. Nevertheless, I had nothing more to tell. Maybe one day I'll return. Maybe there's a world to be discovered. Maybe the story just needs to sink into the depths to become diamond in the furnaces of the dark. We shall see.


Note the tenses. We were the winged ones. They are the ascended.

I still have yet to divulge the thoughts behind the tale yet. I intend to, though. Soon, as it's ended, and obviously not eternal like the first Lament. Next week, we will fill the slot with The Sevenfold Sorrows of the Lord.

14 comments:

  1. Even though I didn't really comment on that one, I did like it. You wrote it well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That wasn't a lie! You did write it well! Granted, I didn't really get it... but that doesn't mean it wasn't well-written!

    ReplyDelete
  3. True. The fewer people who understand, the better written a piece must be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I'm simply saying I write things beyond your ken, which is a well-documented fact.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What exactly do you mean by that?!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am offended! Do you mean I'm not smart enough to comprehend what you write?!? Because if that's true, I will beat you senseless on Sunday when we see each other!

    Consider yourself warned. I am kidding about the "senseless" part, but think VERY CAREFULLY before you write.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well you said that you didn't get it, not me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's not the point! I didn't mean that I didn't have the intellectual capacity to understand it! I just meant it was kind of abstract, and I thought the plot would go further. That's all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes I do "claim", because it's true! >:P

    ReplyDelete
  10. See, now we've arrived at impasse.

    ReplyDelete