Monday, January 18, 2010

The Sorrows

The Sevenfold Sorrows of the Lord is not going to be religious, despite the presence of a character named the Lord and the appearance of a Lucifer.

It came to me in the early morning delirium just before bed. When I started, all I had was the first line. As I wrote, I arbitrarily chose seven to be the number of kings. Then I had the Lord ask a question any Lord might.

It took me a long time to write the next part. I needed every king to have something different to say, something different to rule, and to have a name. I chose names I found delightfully archaic, and I chose lands that I could see people of those names ruling. As it stands, we have six domains (plains, trade routes, forests, oceans, caverns, and mountains)and Lucifer's prophethood. Each king was given a clear standing in respect to the others. The story is not yet completely written, but it's planned. I think I know what will happen, and be assured that it will be sorrowful.

For the Lord, at least,

9 comments:

  1. What, exactly, is this going to be about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing. Not anymore. Until I find a place for it. I already have a blog ready, but I'm waiting awhile to release it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But you already released chapter one, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did, which is when tensions rose. I stopped.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that makes sense. But I thought you liked starting battles?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The battle was started. I opted to protect my remaining fuses for future use.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll pretend to understand that. I'm tired, so I really don't (as you probably figured out), but you can pretend that I understand, if you want. Or you could explain it. That, actually, would be preferable.




    I should not be this tired at 8:30 at night. It's disturbing. Stupid super-long weekends... and it's not even Sunday yet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fuses light charges which explode, starting battles.

    ReplyDelete