Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Odor of Tuesdays

The second chapter of the first of the Tales followed the same style as the first. This one, however, focused on smell. While the first spoke of buzzing, here I spoke of ozone. Things are no longer in pristine condition. As I progress, I try to communicate that something is horribly wrong with the world. Burning Fields can only be the product of some horrible event, be it polluting wildfire or massive funeral pyre. Then I tried to give the reader a sense of the alien nature of this world by referring to what I now call the Vortex. I make it an ever present spectre. I give death form. I make the world farther from the light in which you live, but I give it dwelling in the dark recesses of your mind.

Did it work?


And, yes. Today was the last day of the first tale. I was delighted with the ending. I hope you liked it.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry it took me so long to commment, but yes, I did like it.

    ReplyDelete